Comprehensive Gynecology Services
Innovative Procedures for Improved Care.
At Mercy Health Physician Partners, you can be certain your OB/GYN specialist provides a full range of expert gynecologic care for every stage of your life, from adolescence to post-menopause. This includes several minimally invasive, office-based procedures proven to successfully treat or diagnose the following common conditions:
Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
Abnormally heavy, prolonged menstrual periods - also known as Menorrhagia - are a common condition that affect almost 20% of women. If left untreated, this disorder can also lead to more serious medical issues, such as anemia.
You may be a candidate for Endometrial Ablation - the latest, minimally invasive technology available for the treatment of Menorrhagia - if you have the following signs and symptoms:
- Heavy menstrual flow up to seven days or more
- Noted interruption of your daily activities during menstruation
- The frequent need to change feminine protection products
- Anxiety, PMS, anemia or excessive pain during menstruation
Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Relaxation
Half of all women experience urinary incontinence at some point in their lives, particularly those over the age of sixty. However, it almost always results from an underlying, yet highly treatable, medical condition.
With the assistance of our Urodynamic Testing, your physician can easily pinpoint the exact nature of your condition. This simple, office-based testing is suggested for those who have the following signs and symptoms:
- A frequent, strong sense of urgency to urinate
- Loss of bladder control while coughing, laughing, sneezing, lifting or running
- Worsening pelvic or bladder pressure
Uterine Fibroids and Endometrial Polyps
Up to 80% of women will experience uterine fibroids or endometrial polyps by the time they reach the age of fifty. While the growths are typically benign, they can be quite painful and interfere with daily activities.
Our skilled gynecologists successfully treat these conditions through a minimally invasive, outpatient procedure called Hysteroscopy. This procedure painlessly removes the growths through the use of a tiny scope. While fibroids and polyps do not typically present with symptoms, some women will experience:
- Heavy or irregular bleeding or painful periods
- Enlargement of the lower abdomen
- Pain during intercourse
- Lower back pain
- Reproductive problems, such as infertility